Sunday, January 27, 2013

Book Review: Learn to Knit in Just One Day


Learn to Knit in Just One Day 
by Jean Leinhauser

The book is laid out in step by step sections.  Very much for a beginner. Not like the pattern books I see where they attempt to instruct you in one paragraph how to do a knit stitch.  This book to my recollection had at least 3 pages on the knit stitch.  It would describe a technique, show some line drawing pictures, and then instruct and encourage you to do the thing it was describing.
 
It was published in 1993, so the style is outdated to say the least.  Most of the items wouldn't look that bad if made in more “fashionable” colors.  So keep an open and creative mind.

My favorite part of this book was that it told you when to take a break.  Almost like it was saying; “You learned that thing, good job, now go have lunch or something and come back later.”  I did have lunch or something and I did come back later, this really helped. 

This book really did let me learn to knit in just one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment