Monday, May 20, 2013

A Snails Pace is still good, as long as it's forward.

Two month since the last post.
Procrastination got the better of me.
I got my lovely friend Alyssa to take photos of the finished objects made from my designs. (We bartered mitts for photos of course.)

Here is another dish that will be served up sometime in the future.

Yum.
The purple is Imperial Yarn Columbia, it's bouncy, and soft, and tweedy.  The multi-colored yarn is Noro Aya, It's cottony, and color-saturated, and discontinued. I am designing a shawlette type wrap with heavy graphical lines.  It will include a chevron pattern and some intarsia work.

I have to mention the bowl which I just got from a friend who brought it as a gift from Uganda.  It's a lovely handwoven basket made from banana and palm fibers. Once the yarn is out of the way you will see that the bowl has a sunflower pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment