Friday, February 22, 2013

Seattle Road Trip


In the last post I said that I was world-traveling.  Well actually my friend and I took road trip to Seattle.  But according to my calculations, the distance traveled from NJ to Seattle equals 16% of the earths circumference at the 45th parallel. So that's a good chunk of the earth as far as I'm concerned.

It was a door to door dog delivery adventure.  A friend moved from NY to Seattle, but couldn't take her dog with her right away, so two of us from the east coast took the adventure to reunite them.

I would like to tell this story in pictures, but just so regular people and knitters will understand, I will include two pictures for each part of the story. The pictures on the left are for regular people, while the pictures on the right are for knitters.


The driving took four days.

We drove 5079360 yards in this Mini Cooper
We drove 2886 miles in this Mini Cooper














The goal of the trip was to bring this dog across the country.

Sophie wearing my Honeycomb Hat
Sophie





















When I wasn't driving, there was lots of time to relax and take in pretty things.

Pretty knitting inside the car
Pretty scenery outside the car





















Then there were the stunning colors.

Some awesome Noro yarn I took home
An awesome South Dakota sunset I took in













I also got to stop off at Mountain Meadow Wool Mill, but that will be another post all it's own.

Mountain Meadow Teaser











No comments:

Post a Comment